Saturday, July 10, 2010

49 Days & Counting

In 49 days, my fiance and I will be married and my last name will change from "McNulty" to "White." We will be our own family unit and only missing one thing--a puppy. For the past 2 years my fiance and I have been wanting to get a dog. We have had countless conversations of what type of dog we would want, boy or girl, pure bread or shelter dog...we even have names and what color collars we would purchase for our fictitious dogs. The reason we have not accidentally come home one day with a puppy is 1)We live in an apartment that doesn't allow dogs and getting an eviction can not be good for your credit score and 2)We have pretty active lives and like to travel and know that it would be unfair to a puppy.

However, after countless days of longing for any dog we come across, my fiance agreed that we could "seriously look" into getting a dog after we get married, and I am holding him to it. We did just however sign another year lease for our apartment so worst case scenario it will be one more year. The good news is that even though are particular unit doesn't allow dogs our apartment complex does, so I figure Christmas time may be a great time to move to a dog friendly apartment. What could be more memorable than sharing our first Christmas together as husband and wife with a brand new puppy!

So I have decided that I will take these next couple of months to research the best kind of dog that will fit our lifestyles and personalities. Its a life-long decision and I want to make sure we choose the perfect dog for the soon to be "White house".

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it.Cheers for the info!!!! & This is the perfect blog for anyone who wants to know about this topic. You know so much its almost hard to argue with you .........
    thanks increase youtube views

    ReplyDelete